Banana Cream Pie
This no-bake, reduced sugar banana cream pie is a delicious and healthier twist on a classic dessert. It’s also shockingly easy to make! Made with ripe bananas, non-dairy yogurt, and a sprinkling of our delicious zero-calorie sweeteners, this pie will satisfy your sweet tooth without the added guilt. Simple and sweet!
By Jill of @peanutbutterandjillybeans
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 0 mins
Total Time: 2 hrs 5 mins
Servings: 10 servings
Graham Cracker Crust Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cup graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (can use vegan butter or coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoons Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- Optional: a pinch of salt
Banana Cream Pie Filling Ingredients:
- 2 cups plain and unsweetened non-dairy yogurt (can use yogurt of choice)
- 2 tablespoons Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener
- Optional: 2 tablespoons cornstarch (helps to thicken the filling)
Banana Cream Pie Topping Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cup coconut whipped cream
- 3 ripe bananas, sliced
- Begin by making the graham cracker pie crumble for the bottom of the banana cream pie. Crush the graham cracker cookies and then pour them into a medium bowl. Add the melted butter or coconut oil, Purecane™ Baking Sweetener, and mix.
- Press the graham cracker pie crumble into the bottom of the pie dish until even. Top evenly with banana slices until the crust is covered and evenly distributed.
- In a large mixing bowl, make the healthy banana cream pie filling by mixing the non dairy yogurt with the Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener and cornstarch (if using). The cornstarch helps with thickening. Pour the creamy filling on top of the banana slices. Add the coconut whipped cream on top. Then, top with banana slices.
- Let this sit in the fridge for 2 hours. To serve, use a spoon to scoop out a portion into a small dessert bowl and enjoy cool!