Dark Chocolate Chip Sea Salt Cookies
Are you a lover of the ‘OG’ classic chocolate chip cookie? Want to elevate your taste buds but still want that traditional mixture of gooey chocolate chips? This sweet recipe, inspired by Chef Resha, is your sign to make these next-level chocolate chip cookies with warm, nutty aromas, sweet chocolate notes, and a dash of sea salt flake to top off the perfect pairings of notes and flavors. This delicious recipe will be sure to be at the top of the treat list in only 35 minutes! A classical treat in a fun, sweet spin!
By Tiffany of @foodtoobomb
· 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
· ½ teaspoon baking soda
· 14 tablespoons unsalted butter
· ¾ cups Purecane™ zero-calorie Brown Sweetener (packed)
· 1 teaspoon sea salt
· 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
· 1 large egg
· 1 large egg yolk
· 2 cups dark chocolate chips
· Optional: Fluer de sel sea salt, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Adjust the top rack to the middle position and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix in flour and baking soda until combined. Set aside.
- Brown your butter. In a saucepan over medium to low heat, add in 10 tablespoons of butter until butter has fully melted (about 2 minutes). Continue to stir butter mixture until butter is golden brown in color (about 2 to 5 minutes). Once butter is golden brown, turn off the heat and combine in the rest of your butter (4 tablespoons) until butter is completely melted. Pour your melted butter into a bowl and set aside.
- Next, add your Purecane™ zero-calorie Brown Sweetener, Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener, and vanilla into the same bowl with your browned butter and whisk mixture until fully incorporated. Then add your egg and egg yolk, mixing well until smooth. Let the mixture stand for about 3 minutes, then mix consistently for 60 seconds. Repeat this process two more times or until the mixture is thick and smooth.
- Next, using a rubber spatula, stir in flour mixture until just combined, then stir in the dark chocolate chips.
- Once the batter is ready, use a spoon or an ice cream scooper and create large dough balls, placing each dough ball at least 2” apart from each other on your prepared baking sheets. Option to sprinkle each cookie with a pinch of fleur de sel (sea salt).
- Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Be sure to not overbake for a gooey and soft cookie. Once baked, remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serve with your favorite milk of choice and enjoy!