Keto Cheddar Sausage Biscuits
Take your breakfast to the next level with these delicious Cheddar Sausage Biscuits! The recipe is surprisingly easy but your guests or family will never know. Purecane gives the perfect amount of sweetness to complement the savory throughout each bite. Packed with protein and cheesy goodness, these keto treats are perfect to share at the kitchen table or grab for a healthy and filling meal on the go. By Lauren of @brightmomentco
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Servings: 12 servings
- 2 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tbsp Purecane™ Baking Sweetener
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ lb ground sausage
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup chives or parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a 10”x15” rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a skillet over medium high heat. Add the ground sausage and cook until browned. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond flour, Purecane™ Baking Sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Add the cubed butter and use your fingers to mix until crumb-like texture.
- Add the beaten eggs, buttermilk, shredded cheddar, browned sausage, and chopped herbs. Mix just until combined.
- Add the biscuit batter to the prepared pan and lightly pat it down to an even layer.
- Use a knife to slice individual square biscuits. Keep in mind, you are not separating the biscuits but mainly scoring them.
- Brush with more olive oil and bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cut into 12 biscuits and serve warm!