- 2-1/4 cup soy flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temp
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup Purecane™ zero calorie baking sweetener
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1-1/4 cup Purecane™ zero calorie baking sweetener
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 drops food coloring, if desired
1. Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together until combined. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl using a hand-held or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and cream cheese together for 2 minutes on high speed until completely smooth and creamy. Add the PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener and beat on medium high speed until fluffy and light in color. Beat in the egg, vanilla, and almond extract on high speed. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl, as needed.
3. On low speed, slowly mix the dry ingredients in the wet ingredients until combined. The cookie dough will be thick. Cover dough tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour and up to 3 days.
4. Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator. If the cookie dough chilled longer than 3-4 hours, let it sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes. This makes the cookie dough easier to scoop and roll.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
6. Scoop and roll balls of dough, about 1.5 tablespoons of dough each. Roll each ball into granulated sugar then place on the baking sheets about 3” apart. Using the back of measuring cup or drinking glass, gently press down on each.
7. Bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes, or until very lightly browned on the edges. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
1. In a medium bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter together on medium-high speed until creamy and no lumps remain, about 2 minutes.
2. Add the PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed for 20 seconds then increase to high speed until everything is completely combined and the frosting is creamy.
3. Spread on each cooled cookie.
*Use a coffee grinder set to ‘espresso’ to ground PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener into fine powder