- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup Purecane™ zero calorie baking sweetener
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom*
*if you don't have cardamom, you can use 1/2 cinnamon and 1/2 nutmeg as a substitution
- Grated zest of one lime
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups cherries, fresh (pitted and chopped) or frozen**
**If using frozen cherries - allow cherries to defrost completely and pat off most of the moisture. Then chop the defrosted cherries and pat off the moisture again.
Directions1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a 12-count muffin pan with nonstick spray or use cupcake liners.
Muffins will stay fresh at room temperature for a few days or for up to one week in the refrigerator. Completely cooled muffins can also be frozen for up to three months.
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a moister baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.