- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup Purecane™ zero calorie baking sweetener
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom*
*if you don't have cardamom, you can use 1/2 cinnamon and 1/2 nutmeg as a substitution
- Grated zest of one lime
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups cherries, fresh (pitted and chopped) or frozen**
**If using frozen cherries - allow cherries to defrost completely and pat off most of the moisture. Then chop the defrosted cherries and pat off the moisture again.
Directions1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a 12-count muffin pan with nonstick spray or use cupcake liners.
Muffins will stay fresh at room temperature for a few days or for up to one week in the refrigerator. Completely cooled muffins can also be frozen for up to three months.