- 4 cups cut and hauled strawberries
- 3 ½ tablespoons Purecane™ zero calorie baking sweetener
- 3 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
1. In a saucepan add the strawberries, water and 3 tablespoons Purecane baking sweetener over medium heat. Mix and let simmer until the strawberries are soft, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. Once strawberries have cooled, puree the mixture and put aside.
3. In the same blender, add milk and ½ tablespoon of sugar and blend for 30 seconds.
4. Add the milk to the strawberry puree and mix.
5. Add the cream and vanilla.
6. Pour into the molds and freeze for 3 hours or until completely frozen.
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a moister baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.