Ingredients2 cups frozen strawberries
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2-3 packets of Purecane™ zero calorie & zero glycemic sweetener
(depending on how sweet you’d like it)
½ chopped fresh strawberries
1. Pulse the frozen berries 5-10 times until broken into pieces.
2. Add the cream and Purecane sweetener and process on medium for 20 seconds.
3. Add the fresh berries and pulse 3-4 times to combine.
4. Serve immediately or transfer to a dish, cover with Saran wrap and freeze for 30 minutes or prior to serving.
Can ice cream be keto?
This easy homemade strawberry ice cream is definitely keto, and if you want to move away from berries you can use cocoa powder and unsweetened dark chocolate for a richer keto ice cream. While there are a number of keto ice creams on the market, making your own homemade ice cream is fresher and doesn’t have any added preservatives.
Can you make homemade ice cream without an ice cream machine?
Yes! Although ice cream machines and gadgets make life easier, all you need is a few ingredients, a blender or food processor, and your freezer for this recipe for homemade strawberry ice cream without an ice cream maker.
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a moister baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.