Yield: 8 Cookie Cups
- 1/2 cup Purecane™ zero calorie baking sweetener
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted refined coconut oil
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- chopped strawberries
- whipped cream
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine the baking sweetener (or sugar), egg, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl combine the almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine.
- Roll the dough into a little larger than tablespoon sized balls. It should make 8 cookies.
- Place the dough balls into a greased muffin tin and flatten each ball.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and while still warm press the inside of each cookie with your fingers to form a cup shape.
- Bake again for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Fill with chopped strawberries, top with whipped cream, and enjoy!
*Recommend waiting to add the strawberries and whipped cream until you are ready to serve! Before that you can just store in a container on the counter, but after the strawberries and whipped cream are added, store in the fridge to keep as fresh as possible.
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a moister baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.