½ cup unsalted butter, softened in room temperature for 1 hour
½ cup Purecane™ zero calorie baking sweetener
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1. Beat butter with PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener until light and fluffy. Beat in egg until well blended. Beat in vanilla next.
2. Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together. Stir into butter mixture in 3 additions.
3. Roll dough between sheets of wax paper to ¼ inch thick. Chill in freezer for 5 min to make cutting easy.
4. Use cookie cutter to cut into heart (or other) shapes.
5. Preheat oven to 350F. Place cookie 2 inches apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for 12 min or until golden brown on top of cookies.
7. Let cool on racks for 10 min.
Makes about 16 cookies.
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a moister baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.