ULTIMATE GUILT-FREE BROWNIES WITH MAPLE DRIZZLE
We don’t have to feel so guilty while eating our brownies. Paleo and gluten-friendly.
By Katie of @ktleo.com
- 1 cup creamy nut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbs flax meal + 6 tbs water)
- 1/3 cup Purecane™ zero calorie baking sweetener
- 2 scoops chocolate fudge protein powder
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
THE EXTRA LOVE
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbs maple syrup (or honey)
- 2 tbs runny nut butter
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 325°, and line an 8x8 pan with avocado oil spray, or parchment paper.
- Make the flax eggs by combining 2 tbs flax meal + 6 tbs water. let sit in the fridge for 5-8 minutes to "gel".
Mix all of the wet ingredients together in a medium bowl (nut butter, eggs, flax eggs, sweetener).
Note: if nut butter that you're using is firm / hard to stir, drop it in a microwave safe bowl or cup and microwave for 10-15 seconds as you'll want it runny.
- Once you've stirred the wet ingredients, start folding in all of the dry ingredients (protein powder, cocoa powder, coconut flour, salt). The mixture will be sticky and dense.
- Drop mixture into the lined 8x8 pan, ensuring that you spread it evenly throughout the pan.
- Bake for 13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and make the drizzle by combining 2 tbs maple syrup or honey, 2 tbs runny nut butter, 1 tsp coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl.
- Pop in the microwave for 20-25 seconds, stirring every 10 seconds.
- Add your warm maple drizzle to the top of brownies and enjoy!