- 1 cup creamy nut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbs flax meal + 6 tbs water)
- 1/3 cup Purecane™ zero calorie baking sweetener
- 2 scoops chocolate fudge protein powder
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
THE EXTRA LOVE
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbs maple syrup (or honey)
- 2 tbs runny nut butter
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 325°, and line an 8x8 pan with avocado oil spray, or parchment paper.
- Make the flax eggs by combining 2 tbs flax meal + 6 tbs water. let sit in the fridge for 5-8 minutes to "gel".
Mix all of the wet ingredients together in a medium bowl (nut butter, eggs, flax eggs, sweetener).
Note: if nut butter that you're using is firm / hard to stir, drop it in a microwave safe bowl or cup and microwave for 10-15 seconds as you'll want it runny.
- Once you've stirred the wet ingredients, start folding in all of the dry ingredients (protein powder, cocoa powder, coconut flour, salt). The mixture will be sticky and dense.
- Drop mixture into the lined 8x8 pan, ensuring that you spread it evenly throughout the pan.
- Bake for 13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and make the drizzle by combining 2 tbs maple syrup or honey, 2 tbs runny nut butter, 1 tsp coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl.
- Pop in the microwave for 20-25 seconds, stirring every 10 seconds.
- Add your warm maple drizzle to the top of brownies and enjoy!
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a moister baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.