Creamy, dreamy and simply spectacular.
By Donovan of @eatclickrepeat_
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup Purecane™ zero calorie baking sweetener - half in mixture, half for crust
- Heat heavy cream in a sauce pan until hot, but not boiling.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks and half of sugar until well mixed. Pour in the hot cream gradually, mixing continually.
- Pour hot water into a large roasting pan. Place six ramekins into the pan.
- Pour the egg mixture into the ramekins and bake at 325˚F for 45 - 50 minutes. The crème brûlée should be set, but still a little jiggly in the middle.
- Remove the ramekins from the pan, allow to cool to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours and up to three days.
- Remove the crème brûlée from the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before browning the sugar on top. Spread a tablespoon of sugar on top of each crème brûlée.
- Using a torch, melt the sugar to form a crispy top. If you don’t have a torch, you can use a metal spoon by placing it over a flame and then use it to burn the top of the crème brûlée with it.