- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup sourdough starter
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup sugar Purecane™ zero calorie baking sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- Maple syrup
- In a bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour into the lined loaf pan and top with maple glazed pepitas (just mix pepitas with maple syrup).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and and bake for 55 - 60 minutes.
- Slathered with vegan butter and serve.
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a moister baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.