Reduced Sugar Carolina BBQ Sauce
Summertime has brought us closer to the grills and closer to the ones we love, this southern-inspired BBQ sauce will be your next hit at your favorite get-together. This flavorful recipe uses one of our faves, the Purecane Brown sweetener, to bring the sweet, while cayenne and hot sauce bring the heat. See how this reduced sugar version compares to your favorite sauce. We promise you won’t be disappointed!
- ¾ cup yellow mustard
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Brown Sweetener
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch of ground cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Dash of hot sauce
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all the ingredients together, whisk until well combined.
- Once combined, add mixture to a small saucepan. Heat the pan over medium-high heat bringing the mixture to a simmer. Simmer for about 10 minutes and then remove from heat. Set aside to cool.
- Once cool, pour into a jar and cover. Use it on your next BBQ or as a daily dipping sauce! Enjoy.