Sugar-Free Pie Crust Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Purecane™ zero- calorie Baking Sweetener
- 10 tablespoons butter (very cold)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 15ozs pumpkin puree
- 3⁄4 cup Purecane™ zero- calorie Baking Sweetener
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 12ozs evaporated milk
- Optional: sugar-free whipped cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Make Pie Crust:
Optional Sugar-Free Pie Crust. If using store-bought pie crust, skip this section:
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir until evenly mixed. Once mixed, chop in your very cold butter using a box grater, a pastry cutter, or a fork. You’ll want a crumbly consistency.
- Using a fork or pastry cutter, combine sour cream evenly into the mixture.
- Use hands to combine and create a dough-like texture, form into a dough ball (quickly and firmly to avoid butter melting). If the dough is too dry, add a few tablespoons of sour cream.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and begin to roll out dough using a rolling pin.
- Begin to press the crust into your baking dish, leaving any extra dough hanging over the sides.
- Cover the pie dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes before using.
Prepare Pie Filling:
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine pumpkin puree, Purecane™ zero- calorie Baking Sweetener, eggs, milk, and spices. Mix until well combined.
Make Your Pie:
- Transfer filling into your prepared pie crust and then place into oven and bake for 15 minutes at 425°F. Then reduce heat to 350°F and bake for an additional 45 minutes.
- Remove pie from oven and allow to cool at room temperature.
- Once cool, slice the pie, serve and enjoy! Optional: add sugar-free whipped cream for serving.
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a moister baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.
Did you like this classic pie recipe? Check out some of our other classic dessert recipes using all-natural, zero-calorie Purecane™!
Surprise your friends and loved ones with this delicious and unique cake recipe: Lemon Cardamom Cake
A scrumptious fruity pie that will never go out of season!: Cherry Pie
After one bite you won't believe this is a sugar-free apple pie!: Sugar-Free Apple Pie