Reduced Sugar Twix Cookies
The classic chocolate candy bar has been reworked into a tasty cookie! A chocolate-coated cookie with soft sweet caramel, topped with a dash of sea salt, all made in just 35 minutes. A delicious candy bar-made cookie the whole family will love! Cookies made of Purecane Brown Sweetener and love.
By Lauren of @brightmomentco
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
Servings: 16 servings
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons superfine blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 5 tablespoons Purecane™ Brown Sweetener
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk, or heavy cream
- 11 ounces soft caramels
- In a large mixing bowl, add the ¾ cup almond flour, coconut flour, Purecane™ Brown Sweetener, and salt. Whisk until well-combined.
- Add the softened butter and cream cheese. Transfer to a mixer and using the paddle attachment, beat the mixture until crumbly. Add the vanilla extract and continue mixing for another 1-2 minutes on medium speed.
- If needed, add some almond flour on a clean surface to knead the cookie dough until smooth.
- Press the cookie dough into a 6" disk shape and cover tightly in plastic wrap. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In between two large pieces of parchment paper or on a floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4" thickness. Using a 2-3" cookie cutter, cut out circles of cookie dough. Place on the prepared pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until edges just begin to be lightly golden. Set aside and cool completely.
- Microwave the caramels and evaporated milk in a bowl at 45 second increments, until the caramel is melted and smooth when stirred.
- Place a spoonful of the melted caramel onto each cookie and spread it to the edges. Let the cookies sit with the caramel at room temperature for 15-20 minutes, until firm.
- Add a spoonful of the melted chocolate onto the caramel topping and spread evenly. Let the cookies sit once more in the fridge or at room temperature until the chocolate is hardened. Enjoy!