Healthier Snickers Ice Cream Bars
You’ll be shocked at how we turned this Snickers candy bar dupe into a healthier frozen treat using Purecane™ Zero Calorie Brown Sweetener! This frozen dessert is every chocolate lover's dream, with an added crunch of peanuts and the rich flavor of our Brown Sweetener. Time to get going on a fun dessert that’s perfect for spring and summer (or, let’s be honest, year round). The only thing better than the ice cream bar itself is learning that it’s easy to make a healthier version at home.
By Lauren of @brightmomentco
· 4 cups vanilla bean ice cream (try a reduced sugar version!)
· 1 cup sugar-free peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
· 3 tablespoons Purecane™ Brown Sweetener
· 1 tablespoon milk of choice
· ½ cup peanuts (halved or lightly crushed)
· 1 cup sugar-free chocolate (melted)
- Line an 8 x 8" baking pan with two pieces of parchment paper to create "sleeves" for easy pull-up when ready to eat. Set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together the peanut butter, Purecane™ Brown Sweetener, and milk.
- Add the peanut butter mixture to the prepared pan. With wet hands, pat it down to be evenly spread out.
- Add the peanuts and lightly press them down to stick.
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Add the ice cream to the pan and use a spatula to evenly spread it out. Freeze for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, slice into 12 squares or 6 to 8 rectangles. Drizzle with the melted chocolate, garnish with flaky sea salt and enjoy immediately!
- Tip: Store any leftovers in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 1 month.