Effective Date: November 25, 2019
- Transparency. We want you to know what and how information is colelcted when you interact with us on our Store.
- Choice. We will offer you choices about how your information can be used and shared by us and our trusted business partners.
- Data Integrity. We will take reasonable precautions to protect information we collect about you during your visit to our Store, and as a result of our providing services and communications to you through the use of secure technologies.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following information during your visit to our Store, and as a result of our providing services and communications to you for marketing, business and legal compliance purposes, including those the purposes described below:
- Account Information. We collect Personal Information when you create an account with us. To create an account, you will need to provide us with your name, email address and a password. Once you create an account, you have the option to add one or more addresses to your account address to expedite the checkout process for purchases you make through the Purecane store. You may also provide us with your telephone number. You can update or delete any of the addresses you add to your account.
- Purchase Information. When you buy one of our products through the Store, we will collect your shipping and billing address in order to fulfill your order. To complete your purchase, you will need to provide either a credit card or use one of our payment partners, such as PayPal or Amazon Pay.
- Communications With Us. We will collect your name and email address when you interact with us in connection with our marketing offers or when you ask to learn more about our brand (for example, when you provide your email address to receive specific Purecane Information). We also collect your information as a result of your interaction with our customer service. We use this information to track and respond to your inquiries or to let you know about our products and services.
- Product Reviews on the Store. You may submit product reviews during your visit to our Store. If you submit a review, we will collect your first name and last initial, email address and any information you choose to submit in your review. Although we will not display your email address, your first name, last initial and review will be publicly available through the Store. Please be mindful that information that you post will be made public.
- Registration for Contests and Sweepstakes. Occasionally, we may run contests or sweepstakes. We may ask those who enter in the contests or sweepstakes to provide personal information (for example, an email address). If you participate in a contest or sweepstake, your personal information may be used to reach you about the contest or sweepstakes, and for other marketing and business purposes.
- Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you do decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information. All information collected from your participation in our surveys is provided by you voluntarily.
- Your Referrals. If you use our “Refer a Friend” program or other referral programs to send promotional messages to one or more of your contacts, we will collect the recipient’s email address and use it solely to send the referral message. We will let the recipient know we sent the referral at your request. The person you referred may contact us at email@example.com. to request that we remove this information from our database. For more information on our Refer a Friend program, click here.
- Browsing Information. We automatically collect certain information about your use of the Store when you visit the Store, including the areas or web pages you viewed on our Store, the Purecane products you viewed or purchased, your IP address, details about your browser or device, and other information about your browsing behavior (collectively, “browsing information”). We use browsing information to improve the design and content of our Store, to suggest content and products that we think may be relevant to you, and to help us learn things like what pages are most attractive to our visitors, what promotions visitors like to see, and to measure the success of our advertising campaigns. We collect browsing information and allow third parties to collect such information through cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, local storage, and other tracking technologies (collectively, “Technologies”) as further described below.
- Information from Other Sources. We may receive information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you.
COOKIES, WEB TECHNOLOGIES, AND ANALYTICS INFORMATION
Like many websites, our Store uses automated data collection Technologies, including cookies, to collect certain information. We, as well as third parties, use these Technologies as follows:
- Cookies and Web Technologies. A “cookie” is a small text file that identifies your computer or device. When you visit our Store, unique cookies are placed on your browser. A web beacon is a technology with a unique identifier that is typically contained in a small graphic file in a web page or in an email. We may use these Technologies to identify that you’ve logged into the Store, to hold selected products in your shopping cart when you navigate away from the order page, to suggest content and products that we think may be relevant to you, and to monitor aggregate usage of our Store. We also use these Technologies to measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and to improve our Store by recognizing which pages are visited and whether those visits result in purchases.
- Interest-Based Advertising. So that we can better target our advertising to individuals’ interests, we work with advertising partners who may use Technologies, including cookies to gather browsing Information about you when you use our Store. Our advertising partners may also gather information about your visits to other websites to infer information about your interests. We or our advertising partners may use this information to make inferences about your interests so that we can advertise our products to you on other sites that you visit or in emails that we send to you.
- Analytics. We may also use Google Analytics and other service providers to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on our Store. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s processing of data generated by your use of the Store by visiting http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use information we collect for the following purposes:
- We use information collected to provide and operate the Store, to facilitate your online shopping, to enable purchases and process payments, to communicate with you (for example, for customer support), to implement your requests (for example, referrals), and to tailor and send you marketing materials.
- We use your browsing and other information to help us analyze our Store and offerings.
- We use your browsing, shopping, and other information to enhance your use of our Store and provide you with interest-based advertising.
- We may use your email address to contact you about your account and order fulfillment, and to provide you with information about the Store (for example, security updates or issues), and to market and promote our Store and products.
- We may use information you post in public areas to provide you with an interactive social media experience that brings aspects of your social networking community into your Store experience.
- We may use information we collect for our own and our affiliate companies’ legitimate interests, such as direct marketing, research (including marketing research), network and information security, and fraud prevention.
- We may use the information we collect for any purpose disclosed to you at the time it was collected or otherwise with your consent
INFORMATION WE SHARE
- Trusted Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with third-party service providers we engage to help us administer and operate the Store, to process and fulfill your orders, and to communicate with you. The types of vendors to whom we entrust Personal Information include: (i) IT services, including hosting our Store; (ii) communications service providers who help us send newsletters and other marketing emails; (iii) payment processing and order fulfillment services; and (iv) providers of customer support services. These service providers have access to your Personal Information only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf.
- Business Partners and Affiliates. We may share Personal Information with companies that are under common ownership or control with us (e.g., Amyris subsidiaries) and with business partners for the purpose of providing you with a product or service that you have requested or that we believe may be of interest to you. We require our affiliates and business partners not to use Personal Information for any other purpose.
- Marketing – Interest-Based Advertising and Third-Party Marketing. As described above, we may allow third-party advertising partners to use web Technologies to collect information about your browsing Information for interest-based advertising. You may opt-out of such sharing at no cost by following the instructions below.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others (as Required by Law and Similar Disclosures). We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate: (i) to comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) to respond to your requests; (iii) to protect your, our, or third-party rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce our policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to us; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable. In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity on the Store. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies in order that they may identify users in connection with their investigation of the unauthorized activities.
CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
Your Personal Information.
- With your Personal Information, such as information you give us to fulfill an order or to participate in a contest or sign up for an online offer (e.g., our “Refer a Friend Promotion”), we will always allow you to change or correct your information and the choice of not receiving marketing from us. There are different ways you can control our use of any submitted Personal Information in connection with promotional communications. You will have the option when you set up an account, or click on “Sign In” from any page on the Store, to access, correct or update your choices and settings. If you receive email marketing communications from us and want to opt out of receiving such communications in the future from us with respect to Purecane or other of our brands referenced in a promotional email, you can opt out by clicking a link at the bottom of such promotional email that will allow you to unsubscribe. You may not opt-out of receiving non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as technical notices, purchase confirmations, or shipping information. If you have any difficulty managing your communication preferences, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our systems do not recognize browser “Do Not Track” signals. However, you may stop or restrict the placement of Technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1, http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, https://youradchoices.ca/choices/, and www.aboutads.info/choices/. Please note however that in most cases opting out drops an “opt-out cookie” on your browser. As a result, if you delete cookies or use a different computer or browser, you’ll need to renew your opt-out choice. To separately make choices for mobile apps on a mobile device, you can download
Digital Advertising Alliances’s AppChoices application from your device's app store. Alternatively, for some devices you may use your device's platform controls in your settings to exercise choice. Please remember, even if you opt out of interest-based advertising on or through these sites and other opt-out sites or services, or by adjusting your browser settings, you may still receive Purecane ads, as interest-based ads are only one form of advertising.
Right of Access, Rectification, Erasure, and Restriction
- In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to: (i) request confirmation of whether we are processing your Personal Information; (ii) obtain access to or a copy of your Personal Information; (iii) receive an electronic copy of Personal Information that you have provided to us, or ask us to send that information to another company (the “right of data portability”); (iv) restrict our uses of your Personal Information; (v) seek correction or amendment of inaccurate, untrue, incomplete, or improperly processed Personal Information; and (vi) request erasure of Personal Information held about you by Purecane, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, Purecane will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
California Privacy Notices
- Our Store is not directed to individuals under the age of 13, or in certain jurisdictions, under 16 (“Children” or a “Child”), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from Children. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a Child, we will delete such information from our records.
- Safeguarding Your Personal Information. We maintain physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your Personal Information. However, while we strive to ensure the integrity and security of our networks and systems, no security safeguards or standards are guaranteed to provide 100% security. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure. When you register for the Store, we ask you to set up a password that you can use to access your information. If you want to cancel your password or change it, or something happens to your password, click on “Sign In” from any page on our Store, so you can access, correct or update your choices and settings from within your account. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and/or Transport Layer Security (TLS) or similar industry standard technology to encrypt transmissions of sensitive information from your computer to our servers. However, when you communicate with customer service via email on our website, these communications may be handled via unsecured transmissions. Please be aware that information provided (such as email address, payment information, etc.) may be accessible to others. For that reason, we ask that you protect yourself and not share sensitive information via these communication channels.
- International Data Transfers. You agree that all information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, Brazil, the United States, the European Union or other countries in order to provide and operate the Store. Personal Information may be stored in the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers, including data storage providers. By using the Store, you are agreeing to the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your Personal Information, browsing information, and agreeing that communications will be governed by applicable laws in the United States. Use of the Brazilian Store (including the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your Personal Information, browsing information, and communications) will be governed by the laws of Brazil.
- Supervisory Authority. If you are located in the European Economic Area, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your Personal Information violates applicable law.
- Contact Us. If you have any questions about our privacy or security practices, or if you would like to request access to or correction of your Personal Information, you can contact us at email@example.com.. If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your Personal Information we may do so by e-mail, telephone, or mail.