The Best Sugar Free Apple Pie Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Couple In The Kitchen
We have officially FALL-en into the season of apple-picking, scary movies, fuzzy blankets, pumpkin-flavored everything, and baking! With an abundance of delicious, seasonal ingredients and more time at home, this weekend is perfect for some culinary creativity.
We’ve collaborated with Austin-based, baking-extraordinaires Gavin and Karen of Couple In The Kitchen to create the best sugar-free Apple Pie recipe. This specially-designed, sugar-free apple pie recipe will trick your tastebuds into thinking it was packed with real sugar. The trick? Purecane Baking Sweetener - a sugar substitute that tastes JUST like sugar, but without all the negative side effects and no bitter aftertaste. Did we mention it’s zero calories, zero carbs, zero artificial chemicals? And Purecane is keto-friendly, gluten-free, vegan, and compliant with pre-diabetic and diabetic diets. Sugar-free never tasted so sweet! Read on for an inside scoop on how to bake this (dare we say) revolutionary Purecane Sugar-Free Apple Pie.
To see other delicious recipes Gavin and Karen are cheffing up, follow them on Facebook and Instagram.
Let’s Get Down To It.
What You’ll Need for this Sugar Free Apple Pie:
8 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples (10 medium)
½ cup Purecane Zero-Calorie Baking Sweetener
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tsp Vanilla extract
4 tbsp butter, cut into pieces
1 tbsp milk
2 sugar free pie crusts
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Peel, core and chop your apples and toss in lemon juice.
- In a medium bowl mix the Purecane Baking Sweetener, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and flour.
- Sprinkle the mix on top of the apples and stir them together.
- Add a little bit of vanilla extract to the apple mixture to give it some extra oomph.
- Roll out the pie crust to the size of the pie pan bottom.
- Poke the crust with a fork to prevent bubbling.
- Pour the apples on the crust.
- Place all the butter pieces on top of the apples.
- Roll out another pie crust and cut into ½ inch strips.
- Create a lattice top by alternating strips of dough.
- *Super SWEET Fact*: Did you know that lattice top pie actually uses less dough than if the pie was covered, saving you some calories? Plus, the design is just too perfect! It’s the small victories in life...
- Seal the pie by pinching the edges of the crust together.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the milk and the egg.
- Brush the egg wash on the top of the dough with a pastry brush.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from the oven and wrap the edges with aluminum foil.
- Pop it back in the oven to bake for another 15 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
- Let fully cool before slicing and digging in to this guilt-free apple pie!
Plan on testing this new scrumptious recipe? Tag @purecane in your photos on Instagram and Facebook to share the SWEETNESS!
Happy Fall and Happy Baking!