Celebrate National Dessert Day with Purecane’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
Whew! That title is a mouthful (no pun intended). We are THRILLED to share this gooey, chocolatey, and delicious recipe courtesy of our pal @shiveggie in honor of the SWEETEST holiday of the year: National Dessert Day! Make this decadent holiday guilt-free with Purecane™ Baking Sweetener. Send processed sugar packing and introduce your palate to the new sweet; our sugar-substitute that tastes just like sugar, but without the harmful chemicals and negative side effects. Plus, we pride ourselves on our sustainably-sourced products, so you know there’s nothing but goodness oozing from your favorite desserts.
Get in the cozy, fall baking spirit with this rich and warm recipe that’s also gluten-free and paleo-compliant! Don’t forget to tag @purecane in your weekend recipes. Happy Baking!
The Dry - Cookie Dough
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cups Purecane™ zero calorie baking sweetener
- 1/3 cups coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
The Wet - Chocolate Nut Butter Filling
- 1/2 cup hazelnut butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Use a heaping teaspoon to make ~40 balls of dough.
- Make each batch for 7 minutes. Let cool.
- With an electric mixer, beat all the wet ingredients until smooth and ganache-like in texture.
- Frost half the cookies, and top with the other half. Enjoy!
Some Extra Sweet Baking Tips
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a super moist baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of Purecane™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.