Angel Food Cake
The perfect cake for Spring! This delicious cake made from just six simple ingredients is your go-to dessert for your next weekend's event or gathering. Create this light and airy cake in 60 minutes, and top it with your favorite fruits and a delectable whipped cream. Spring forward with a one pan, one bowl, no added sugar recipe.
By Jayne of @nosugarbaker
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 60 mins
Total Time: 1 hrs 10 mins
Servings: 10-12 servings
- 1 ½ cups egg whites (about 1 dozen)
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup cake flour
- 1 ¾ cup Purecane™ Baking Sweetener
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg white till peaks form. Add in cream of tartar and vanilla and gently fold in with a silicone spatula.
- Sift the remaining ingredients together and then slowly add to egg white batter, gently folding in to keep as much air and structure in the egg whites as possible.
- Pour into an ungreased 9-10” tube pan.
- Place into your cool oven, set it to 325°F, and bake for about 60 minutes. No need to preheat the oven for this recipe.
- Enjoy with a whipped cream topping and fresh strawberries or seasonal fruit!