- ½ loaf of Challah bread
- 2 tablespoons softened butter (+ more for greasing pan)
- 3 large eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups of milk of choice
- 1/2 cup Purecane Brown Sweetener (+ more for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease an 8-inch baking pan with butter or non-stick spray.
Prepare The Bread Pudding:
- In a medium-sized bowl mix together your butter, eggs, milk, Purecane Brown Sweetener, cinnamon, and vanilla to make your custard. Mix until well combined.
- Cut or break your bread into 1 inch cubes and place into your greased baking pan.
- Pour custard mixture over the bread evenly. Optional: sprinkle some Purecane Brown Sweetener over the top of the mixture before placing in the oven.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes. Bread pudding should be golden brown on top, and custard should be set at the edges, but still slightly wobbly in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a moister baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.
Did you like this warm, sweet, and savory recipe? Check out some of our other sugar-free and reduced-sugar recipes using all-natural, zero-calorie Purecane™!
Warm summertime sweets inspired by southern ingredients: Peach Crisp With Pecans
Sugar-free melt in your mouth pull-apart bread, that will spice up any day: Sugar-Free Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread
A scrumptious fruity pie that will never go out of season!: Cherry Pie