Low Carb Blackberry Whiskey Smash
It’s berry season and what better way to enjoy them right now than by adding them to a refreshing low carb cocktail. Made with fresh lemon juice, juicy blackberries, whiskey or bourbon and zero-calorie Purecane™ sweetener, this drink satisfies any whiskey drinker's order and is perfect as we get into the warmer months.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 2 mins
Total Time: 7 mins
Servings: 1 serving
Purecane™ Simple Syrup Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons Purecane™ Spoonable Canister
- ¾ cup water
Blackberry Whiskey Smash Ingredients:
- 2 ounces of whiskey or bourbon
- 1 ounce club soda
- ¾ ounces of Purecane™ Simple Syrup
- ½ ounce of fresh squeezed lime juice
- 3-4 blackberries
- 4-5 mint leaves
- Optional: blackberries and mint for garnish
- Heat water and 2 tablespoons of Purecane™ Spoonable Canister in a small saucepan over medium until sweetener is totally dissolved (about 1 to 2 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Add the lime juice, simple syrup, blackberries and mint leaves to a glass. Muddle (smash) them together. Add the whiskey/bourbon
- Fill the glass with ice. Top off with club soda and stir gently
- Garnish with blackberries and a sprig of mint.