Low-Carb Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
A deliciously decadent brownie recipe, minus the pesky carbs
By Daniella Allen of @thesinlesssweettooth
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp Purecane™ zero calorie baking sweetener
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1- 2.25 oz bar of sugar-free chocolate
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk, warmed in the microwave for 30 seconds
- 1 large egg at room temperature (Vegan option: mix 1 tbsp ground flax w/ 3 tbsp of water and let sit for 5 minutes)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Swirl Ingredients
- ⅓ cup peanut butter powder
- 2 tbsp Purecane™ zero calorie baking sweetener
- 4 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the almond milk for 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and break the chocolate bar into small pieces directly into the warm almond milk. Place it back in the microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir. Add the melted coconut oil to the almond milk and chocolate mixture.
- Add to the dry ingredients and combine thoroughly.
- Mix in the egg (or flax mixture if vegan) and vanilla extract or paste.
- Pour the batter into the parchment-lined baking pan and spread out evenly.
- Make the peanut butter swirl by combining the peanut butter powder, Purecane™ Baking Sweetener, and almond milk. Pour this mixture into a ziplock bag and snip a small piece off of the corner of the bag. Pipe the peanut butter mixture over the brownies in lines going horizontally and vertically until you've used all of it. Take a knife, wooden skewer, or toothpick and drag it through the batter from one side to the other in opposing directions to create your desired swirl pattern.
- Place brownies in the preheated 350-degree oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the pan on top of a wire rack, allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Lift the brownies out of the pan using the parchment paper's edges and allow to cool completely on the wire rack.
- Cut into desired sized squares and enjoy!