Vegan and Gluten-Free Shortbread Cookies
Try This Seasonal Favorite Made Healthier (And Just As Delicious!)
By Jill of @peanutbutterandjillybeans
- 3/4 cup melted vegan butter
- 1 cup Purecane™ Baking Sweetener
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the melted vegan butter, Purecane Baking Sweetener™, almond milk, vanilla, and baking powder. Then, add the flour and mix until a thick dough forms. Form the dough into a mound and wrap it in plastic wrap. Refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Roll the cookie dough onto a floured surface, adding more flour as needed if the dough is sticky. Roll it into a 1/4 - 1/3 of an inch thick and use your cookie cutters to cut shapes. Place the shapes onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until they are lightly golden.
- You will still have plenty of dough left so roll the dough back into a mound and repeat the previous step until all of the dough is used. You should have about 40 cookies. Enjoy!