Do you or your kids love Nutella but hate the 20 grams of sugar per serving?! Well, please welcome Purecane’s healthier Nutella recipe which has less than 2 grams (and that’s only from the hazelnuts)!
Our zero-added sugar hazelnut spread will delight your chocolaty taste buds and will be a hit with your family and friends. Try out your new favorite choco-nutty spread yourself!
By Meredith H.
Prep Time: 7 mins
Cook Time: 7 mins
Total Time:14 mins
Servings: 16 servings
- 2 cups roasted hazelnuts
- 6 tablespoons Purecane™ Spoonable Canister
- 1 ½ tablespoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk, or milk of choice
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil, or oil of choice
- Rub roasted hazelnuts in a kitchen towel to get loose skin off. It’s okay if some is left on the nuts.
- Put hazelnuts into a food processor and blend until they’ve turned into butter. Depending on your machine, the texture can vary between smooth and more coarse.
- Add in the vanilla extract, cocoa powder, Purecane™ Spoonable Canister and salt and blend for about 2-3 minutes, until smooth.
- Add in milk and oil and blend again, until desired consistency is reached. Add more milk or oil to create a smoother texture if needed.
- Enjoy right away and store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- If you want a really smooth spread, try using a pre-made hazelnut butter instead of raw roasted nuts. Make sure to watch the sugar content that can sometimes sneak into pre-made nut butters!
- If your hazelnuts are not already roasted, preheat your oven to 400°F and bake for 6-8 minutes, or just until they begin to brown. Allow them to cool before beginning at step 1.
- Want it a bit sweeter? Add more Purecane™ Spoonable Canister, a teaspoon at a time, until you’ve reached your desired sweetness!