Easy Vanilla Sheet Cake
Vanilla sheet cake is a classic dessert that is wonderful because of how fluffy and easy it is to make but also how versatile it is! Use it as a starting point for complex desserts or simply top it with your favorite frosting right in the pan and enjoy. This recipe is a staple for every baker's go-to arsenal for birthdays, gatherings or for easy nibbling.
Inspired by Heather of The Toasty Kitchen
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 18-35 mins
Total Time: 1hr 30 mins
Servings: 16 servings
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 ¾ cups Purecane™ Baking Sweetener
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease or line with parchment (including sides) a 9x13 or 13x18 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the Purecane™ Baking Sweetener and room-temperature butter. Using a standing or hand mixer, beat until creamed and fluffy. See notes for help on creaming.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing in with a spatula until combined. Then add vanilla and mix until incorporated and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift in the cake flour, salt, and baking powder and mix.
- Add half of the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and mix with a spatula until just combined. Add half of the milk and mix again until just combined. Repeat again with the remaining dry ingredients and milk.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan of choice and smooth out to cover.
- Bake your cake as below or until the bake is baked through the center and a toothpick comes out clean.
- 9x13 baking pan: 32 - 38 minutes
- 13x18 sheet pan: 18 - 20 minutes
- Remove cake and allow to cool fully before topping with your choice of treat!