- ⅔ cup Purecane™ Baking Sweetener
- 1 ½ tbsps flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons culinary grade matcha powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 3 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 par-baked pie crust
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Whisk together your dry ingredients (matcha, salt, flour and Purecane™ Baking Sweetener).
- Mix in the butter, then the eggs and egg yoke, one at a time. Mix in the heavy cream and vanilla extract. Pour the mixture into your prepared pie crust.
- Place pie on the middle rack. Use a pie shield if available to prevent the edges from browning.
- Bake for 50 minutes, rotating it 180 degrees at about halfway through to ensure even baking. The pie should be set around the edges, but slightly wobbly in the center. Allow to cool completely before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a moister baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.