SUGAR-FREE EARL GREY SHORTBREAD COOKIES
Classic shortbread cookies with a unique (and sugar-free) twist!
By Thomas John of @thomasjohn26
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp loose Earl Grey tea leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter at room temperature
- In a food processor, pulse together the four, tea and salt until the tea leaves are spotted throughout the flour. Add the Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener, vanilla extract and butter. Pulse together just until a dough is formed.
- Place the dough on a sheet of plastic wrap, and roll into a log, about 2 ½ inches in diameter.
- Tightly twist each end of the wrap, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
- Slice the log into discs, about ⅓ inch thick. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and add the cookie dough discs, approximately 2 inches apart. Bake until the edges are just brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack until they’re room temperature. Enjoy!