Soft Pumpkin Maple Cookies
These soft and pillowy Pumpkin Maple Cookies delight your taste buds
By Thomas of @ThomasJohn26
Pumpkin Maple Cookies Ingredients:
- 1 and 1/2 cups (340g) fresh or canned pumpkin puree
- 3 cups (375g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 14 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 and 3/4 cup (350g) Purecane™ Baking Sweetener
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Maple Cream Cheese Icing Ingredients:
- 3 ounces (85g) block cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons (30g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup (90g) powdered Purecane™ Baking Sweetener (about 1/2 cup of Purecane ground in a coffee grinder)
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch ground cinnamon (about 1/8 teaspoon)
- Blot the pumpkin with paper towels to rid excess moisture (it is best to use pumpkin that has had some moisture removed). No need to squeeze it completely dry. Place it in a paper towel lined bowl and let the paper towel soak up some moisture.
- After removing some moisture, you’ll have a little less than 1 and 1/2 cups of pumpkin. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, clove, allspice, cinnamon, and ginger together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream the softened butter and Purecane together on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and mix on high until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Add the maple syrup, vanilla, and blotted pumpkin and mix on high until combined. Mixture will look a little curdled.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, then mix on low speed until combined. Dough is thick and sticky. Scoop or roll cookie dough, around 1.5 Tablespoons of dough per cookie, and place 3 inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes or until edges appear set. The centers will look soft. Remove from the oven and allow pumpkin maple cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. The longer the cookies cool, the better their flavor.
- While the pumpkin maple cookies bake, make the icing! Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese in a medium bowl on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy. Beat in the butter until combined. Add the powdered Purecane, salt, maple syrup, and a pinch of cinnamon (about 1/8 teaspoon), then beat on low speed until smooth and creamy. Taste. Add more cinnamon if desired.
- Dip the tops of the cooled pumpkin maple cookies into icing or spread it onto each cookie with a knife.
- Enjoy your mouthwatering pumpkin maple cookies!