Lavender Simple Syrup Ingredients:
- 4 Purecane™ Individual Packets
- 2 tbsp dried culinary lavender
- 1 cup water
- 4 Lemons (approx. ¾ cup lemon juice)
- 3 cups water
- Lavender sprigs for garnish
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
- While water is boiling, halve your lemons and squeeze the juice into a glass or bowl. Make sure to remove any seeds that may have fallen into your lemon juice. Set aside.
- Once the water has been brought to a boil, add in the Purecane packets. Remove from heat and stir until dissolved.
- Add in the dried lavender to your simple syrup and cover. Let the lavender infuse for 1-2 minutes.
- Strain the liquid through a fine mesh strainer to remove any lavender buds. Allow to cool.
- Combine the lavender simple syrup, the lemon juice, and 3 cups of water.
- Optional: garnish with lemon slices and a few sprigs of dried lavender.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a moister baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.