- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- ¾ cup Purecane™ Brown Sweetener
- ¼ cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1 egg yolk (room temperature)
- 1 ½ cups sugar-free chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a second large bowl, cream together the butter, Purecane™ Brown Sweetener, and Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener until mixture becomes light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla extract, egg, and egg yolk until incorporated. Mix in the dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in the sugar-free chocolate chips.
- Place cookie dough mixture into the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap, for 1-2 hours.
- Once dough is prepped and ready, preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Scoop 1-2 tablespoon-sized balls of the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Leave about 2 inches of space between each dough ball.
- Place cookie sheets into the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown on the edge. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before serving. Enjoy!
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a moister baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.