8 Ingredient Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
Your Sunday morning favorite just got easier and healthier! This lemon blueberry pancake recipe is delightfully flexible, easily made vegan and gluten free with some simple swaps. Let the brunch hour begin.
By Jill of @peanutbutterandjillybeans
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- ½ cup Purecane™ Baking Sweetener
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups regular or gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Mix the almond milk, lemon juice, Purecane™ Baking Sweetener, melted vegan butter, baking powder, and vanilla together.
- Add the all purpose flour and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Bring a skillet to medium low heat. Spray it with non-stick spray or use vegan butter or oil to grease the pan. Spoon in 2-3 tablespoons of batter per pancake. Sprinkle about a tablespoon of blueberries onto the top of each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the top and then flip.
- Cook until all of the pancakes are golden on each side. This will make approximately 16-18 pancakes. Enjoy!
Tips for Swapping Purecane Into Your Baking RecipesYou will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. You can do a 1-1 swap of sugar for Purecane Baking Sweetener in your recipes, but here are a few additional tips to get you started:
- Use room temperature butter. Purecane will take a little longer than sugar to blend with butter (totally worth the wait!) so start with room temperature butter for the best results.
- Boost the moisture. Consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use to balance the moisture.
- Balance sweetness with salt. If you are swapping 1 cup or more of sugar with Purecane™ Baking Sweetener, you may want to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.