- 1 cup red wine
- 1 ½ cups Purecane™ zero calorie baking sweetener
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cups gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ sticks of unsalted butter
- 8 oz dark chocolate chips (or chopped up dark chocolate bar)
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a shallow pan on low heat. Remove from heat and stir in dark chocolate chips, mixing continuously until it’s melted together. Allow to cool. Tip: If using a dark chocolate bar, you’ll need to roughly chop before adding to the butter so it melts evenly.
- Once your chocolate and butter mixture has cooled (approximately 2-3 minutes), mix in the eggs until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the Purecane™ zero calorie baking sweetener into the chocolate and butter mixture.
- Stir the cocoa powder into the chocolate mixture.
- Add in the flour and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Mix in the red wine.
- Bake for 40 minutes. If you insert a toothpick in the center and it comes out wet, you’ll need to bake a little longer. If it comes out dry or with a few crumbs, you’ll know it’s done.
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a moister baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.