Easy Cheesecake Bars
These easy, decadent cheesecake bars are the perfect low-sugar treats the whole family will adore! Your kids will love these red, white, and blue shareable treats that are perfect for the upcoming Labor Day weekend (minus all the added labor)! Time to start baking sweet and easy, thanks to Purecane all-natural sugar substitutes.
By Christy Brissette, MS, RD of @80twentyrule
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 3 hours
Servings: 16 servings
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¾ cup crushed vegan or gluten free graham crackers
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt, 2% fat
- 8 oz brick of reduced fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Optional: ½ cup strawberries, diced fine
- 4 strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line the bottom and sides of an 8 inch square baking pan or baking dish with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Leave extra foil or parchment paper on all of the sides so you’ll be able to easily lift the cheesecake bars out of the pan.
- To make the crust, add the graham crackers to a blender or food processor and pulse until fine.
- Add the coconut oil to a medium glass or ceramic bowl and microwave for a few seconds until melted. Add the graham cracker crumbs and stir to combine.
- Press the crust mixture into your prepared pan and bake for about 7 minutes. Set aside.
- To make the filling, use a mixer to beat the softened cream cheese until smooth. Add the Greek yogurt, Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener, and egg whites and mix until smooth. Add the lemon juice and vanilla and mix for 1 minute. Gently fold in the diced strawberries if desired.
- Add the filling on top of the cooled crust. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes, then cover the bars with aluminum foil, and bake for another 7 minutes.
- Let the bars cool on your counter for 15 minutes. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Lift the bars out of the pan and cut into 16 squares.