Whiskey Glazed Steak
Summer is the perfect time to fire up the grill and serve up savory steaks at your next cookout! Our healthier version of a whiskey glazed steak is brimming with smokey flavor. Inspired by The Food Network, we subbed regular brown sugar with Purecane™ Zero-Calorie Brown Sweetener to create a lower calorie and reduced sugar version of a restaurant-worthy steak. This recipe is sure to impress any guest!
Made by Meredith @merlada
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- ½ cup whiskey
- 1 tablespoon Purecane™ Brown Sweetener
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 4 8-ounce steaks (flat iron or filet mignon recommended)
- Preheat your grill on medium-high heat; reaching about 375°F.
- Create the marinade by whisking together whiskey, Purecane™ Brown Sweetener, salt and pepper until dissolved. Stir in the garlic and oil and mix. Add steaks, coating with the marinade, and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Once marinated, remove the steaks and pat them dry with a paper towel. Pour the marinade into a small pot and bring to a boil. Boil for about 2-3 minutes, until the mixture has slightly reduced for the glaze.
- Grill the steaks until they have an internal temperature of 130°F, about 3-4 minutes per side for flat iron, 6-8 minutes for filet mignon. While grilling periodically, brush the steaks with the glaze.
- Remove steaks from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes before serving!