Easy Pumpkin Brownies
We are serving swirls of seasonal sweets in this decadent pumpkin recipe. Turn your traditional brownies into a seasonal show stopper in just 1 hour! These delicious brownies combine swirled chocolate and creamy pumpkin to make the perfect Fall sweet treat. Love at first bite!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 1 hrs
Servings: 16 servings
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, plus more for pan
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped (can use sugar-free)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (can use gluten-free or regular)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups canned pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup vegetable oil (can use grapeseed oil)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13 baking pan or dish with parchment paper or grease with cooking spray.
- Place the chocolate and the butter inside a heatproof bowl. Fill a small saucepan halfway with water and bring it to a simmer over medium heat. Once water is at a boil, set the heatproof bowl over the saucepan to melt the chocolate and butter. Stir mixture occasionally until completely melted and smooth. Turn off the heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer, mix the Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener, eggs, and vanilla, on medium speed until the mixture is fluffy in texture, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Then, slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and combine, stopping periodically to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Divide the batter between 2 medium-sized bowls (about 2 cups per bowl). Add the chocolate mixture to one bowl and stir to combine.
- To the non-chocolate mixture, add the pumpkin puree, oil, cinnamon, and nutmeg and stir to combine.
- Pour the chocolate batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Then, pour the pumpkin batter over the chocolate in a semi-swirl way. With a small spatula, gently swirl the two batters to create a marbled effect. You can also use a toothpick to create the swirling effect.
- Bake brownies for 35 to 40 minutes or until set, or until a toothpick placed in the middle of the brownies comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting into 16 squares. Enjoy!