Caramel Delites Girl Scout Cookies Dupe
Cookies never go out of style, especially caramel, chocolate, sweet, snackable treats made almost entirely sugar-free! That’s right! We have duped this notable and more than well-known cookie sweet, usually limited to only one time a year and outside your favorite grocery store. We were inspired by serenalissy for this delightful homemade dupe recipe naturally sweetened with our Baking Sweetener! Time to get ahead and enjoy these flakey shortbread cookies covered in deliciously sweet chocolate and coconut topping!
· ½ cup Purecane™ Baking Sweetener
· 2 sticks unsalted butter (room temperature)
· 2 cups all-purpose flour
· ¼ teaspoon baking powder
· ½ teaspoon salt
· 2 tablespoons milk (can use milk of choice)
· ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate Coconut Topping Ingredients:
· 12 oz sugar-free chocolate chips
· 3 cups unsweetened coconut (shredded)
· 15 oz store bought caramel (soft for melting)
· 4 tablespoons milk (can use milk of choice)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer and a large bowl, cream the butter and Purecane™ Baking Sweetener on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Slowly add the flour mixture to the creamed butter, mixing between each addition and being sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Next, add in the milk and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Once combined, remove dough from the mixer and separate dough in half. Press each half into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Once your dough is chilled, roll out each disk onto a lightly floured surface until it is about ¼" thick, adding in flour if dough is too stick one tablespoon at a time. Then use a cookie cutter of two sizes or a doughnut cutter to create as many cookies as possible out of your dough (you may have to re-shape your dough for more cookies). Begin to place your cookies onto your prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While your cookies are cooling start to prepare your chocolate coconut topping.
- Spread your coconut onto your second prepared baking sheet. Bake your coconut for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown and toasted. Stir frequently to make sure your coconut does not burn. Once done, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Next, melt the caramels in a double boiler over medium-low heat. Stir until melted, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and combine ½ of the caramel with the toasted coconut in a medium-sized bowl. Stir until mixed.
- Use the remaining caramel to apply to cooled cookies using a rubber spatula or a brush, then quickly press your caramel/coconut mixture onto cookies with your hands into the thin layer of caramel (try to work quickly before the caramel cools).
- Once the caramel mixture has been applied to all the cookies, allow to cool completely.
- While the caramel cools, melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave. Once melted, dip the cookies' bottom into the chocolate place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet or surface. Then use a piping bag for leftover chocolate to drizzle on the cookie (can use a ziploc bag by cutting the corner of the bag).
- Allow cookies to cool, and then enjoy!