Lemon Poppyseed Cake Ingredients:
Lemon Frosting Ingredients:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease a 9x5 inch metal loaf pan. Set aside.
- Mix the almond milk (or milk of choice), melted vegan butter (or unsalted butter), lemon juice, Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener, baking soda, baking powder, and vanilla extract together. Add the lemon extract if desired. Then, add the flour and mix until a batter forms. Be careful not to over-mix, or the cake will be dense. Then fold in the poppy seeds.
- Next, transfer the batter into your prepared metal loaf pan and bake in the oven for about 40 to 45 minutes or until the loaf has risen entirely and is golden.
- While the loaf is baking, use a whisk to mix the Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener, lemon juice, and almond milk (or milk of choice) together to make the frosting.
- Once the cake is finished baking, cool completely, and then drizzle your frosting over the top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Did you like this no sugar added recipe? Check out some of our other fruit inspired treat recipes using all-natural, zero-calorie Purecane™!
A touch of southern charm and a dash of rich brown sweetener, this peachy crisp is everyone’s favorite summer recipe: Peach Crisp With Pecans
Individual galettes with vanilla cheesecake filling and homemade triple berry jam: Triple Berry Cheesecake Galettes
This fruit-forward pie will bring smiles and shared memories the right way with reduced sugar and sweet taste: Reduced Sugar Cranberry Pie