Lemon Poppyseed Cake
This lemon-infused and zested cake is filled with fresh tang, all-natural sweetness from our Baking Sweetener, and added bite from the nutty poppy seeds, drizzled with a fresh lemon frosting. This recipe brings all the notes of a perfect sweet treat, sans added calories and sugar, and can be enjoyed vegan friendly!? Wow, now that is a tasty recipe made lemon poppyseed cake when life gave her lemons; Jillian did not disappoint! Squeeze the day the purecane way!
By Jill of @peanutbutterandjillybeans
Lemon Poppyseed Cake Ingredients:
· 1 cup almond milk (can use milk of choice)
· ¼ cup melted vegan butter (can use unsalted butter)
· ½ cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 ½ lemons)
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour (can use regular or gluten-free)
· 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
Lemon Frosting Ingredients:
· 1 ¼ cups Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener
· 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
· 1 tablespoon almond milk (can use milk of choice)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease a 9x5 inch metal loaf pan. Set aside.
- Mix the almond milk (or milk of choice), melted vegan butter (or unsalted butter), lemon juice, Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener, baking soda, baking powder, and vanilla extract together. Add the lemon extract if desired. Then, add the flour and mix until a batter forms. Be careful not to over-mix, or the cake will be dense. Then fold in the poppy seeds.
- Next, transfer the batter into your prepared metal loaf pan and bake in the oven for about 40 to 45 minutes or until the loaf has risen entirely and is golden.
- While the loaf is baking, use a whisk to mix the Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener, lemon juice, and almond milk (or milk of choice) together to make the frosting.
- Once the cake is finished baking, cool completely, and then drizzle your frosting over the top.
- Serve and enjoy!