Cracker Barrel Fried Apples Dupe
Restaurant style notes of warm, spiced, and sliced apple delights. These fried apples are just what your kitchen is missing and just what your family ordered. No, really! This Cracker Barrel southern-inspired dupe recipe is beyond the plate and onto your mouth-watering taste buds in less than 5 easy steps and one simple pan! We were inspired to dupe this recipe from copykatrecipes, but this time no added sugar and all that warm tasty flavor!
By Tiffany of @foodtoobomb
· 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
· 6 tart apples (peeled, cored, and sliced)
· 1 teaspoon lemon juice
· ⅛ teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan or skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Once butter is melted, add in the apples spreading evenly over the pan or skillet.
- Next, sprinkle your lemon juice, Purecane™ zero-calorie Brown Sweetener, and salt. In this specific order. Cover the pan and cook over low heat for 15 minutes, until apples are tender and juicy.
- Once apples are ready, sprinkle them with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Serve and enjoy! Can serve with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream for an even more fun dessert!