Carrot Cake Donut Holes
Skip the bakery and create these moist, cakey, and deliciously sweet donut holes in the comfort of your own home. A perfect shareable treat for the whole family to enjoy and even create together! Sweet cake-like donut holes that can be made vegan and gluten-free, paired with lovely aromas of cinnamon spices, vanilla, and cream cheese frosting. This breakfast-inspired dessert is a truly delightful treat!
By Jill of @peanutbutterandjillybeans
Carrot Cake Donut Holes Ingredients:
· 1 cup carrots (grated)
· ¼ cup melted vegan butter (can use unsalted butter)
· ¾ cup oat or almond milk (can use milk of choice)
· ¼ cup maple syrup
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
· ¼ teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon cinnamon
· 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (can use regular or gluten-free)
· ½ cup quick oats
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
· 1 ½ cups Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener
· 4 oz vegan cream cheese (can use regular cream cheese)
· 4 tbsp vegan butter (can use unsalted butter)
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F and grease 60 silicone donut hole molds, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the carrots, melted butter (vegan or regular), milk of choice, maple syrup, Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla extract, salt, apple cider vinegar, and cinnamon together. Add the flour and oats until a thick batter forms.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared donut hole molds. Fill each mold to about ⅔ full—Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until they've risen and are golden.
- While the donuts are baking, make the cream cheese frosting. Begin by combining Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener, cream cheese (vegan or regular), and butter in a medium-sized bowl, then mix with an electric hand mixer until frosting is smooth in texture.
- Allow the donuts to cool by removing them from the molds and placing them onto a wire cooling rack. You may melt the frosting for 15 seconds in the microwave before dipping each cooled donut into it. Melting it makes it easier for dipping.