Blueberry Cheesecake Brioche Doughnuts
Brioche Doughnuts Ingredients:
Blueberry Cheesecake Filling Ingredients:
· 1 cup heavy whipping cream
· 8 oz low fat cream cheese (room temperature)
· ½ cup blueberry jam (can use fresh blueberry compote)
· 3-4 tablespoons Purecane™ Baking Sweetener (+ ½ cup for coating)
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the honey, active dry yeast, and warm milk until combined. Set aside to activate for 10 minutes. The mixture should become foamy.
- Add the olive oil, eggs, and salt into the stand mixer. Mix together.
- Add in the 4 cups of flour. Using the dough hook attachment, knead the dough for 5-6 minutes, or until a smooth and pliable dough. Add more flour if needed.
- Transfer the dough to a large, lightly greased mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, then set aside in a warm environment (or oven with the light on) until doubled in size, about 1-2 hours.
- Punch down the dough, then place it in the fridge overnight. If making all in one day, continue to step 6.
- Remove the dough from fridge and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Cut the dough into 20 equal pieces. Roll into tight balls by rolling them vigorously against the counter with the palm of your hand.
- Cut individual squares of parchment paper to fit 3x the size of each dough ball. Place each dough ball on a single square. Lightly cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm environment until doubled in size, about 1-2 hours.
- Heat the vegetable oil to 360°F in a medium-sized pot (so that the oil is about 3" deep). Line a baking rack or plate with paper towels.
- Pulse the ½ cup Purecane™ Baking Sweetener until superfine but not powder. Transfer to a plate. Set aside.
- Fry 3 to 4 doughnuts at a time, about 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Use a slotted spoon to remove doughnuts from the oil, then place on the paper towels for a few seconds. Then quickly transfer to the ½ cup Purecane™ Baking Sweetener plate to carefully toss.
- While doughnuts cool, begin to mix blueberry cheesecake filling ingredients together in the bowl of a stand mixer, all except the heavy whipping cream until well-combined (about 1 minute)—transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Whisk the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks in the same mixing bowl. Using a rubber spatula, add in half of the blueberry mixture. Fold together. Add in the remaining blueberry mixture, folding in until smooth.
- Add the blueberry cheesecake filling to a piping bag to fill each doughnut.
- Serve and enjoy!