Easy Chipotle Chicken Tacos
Taco night, but make it sweet, savory, and oh-so-easy to make. In just 30 minutes, you’ll have a chef-worthy taco night the whole family will love. Our zero-calorie Brown Sugar Substitute is the perfect complement to smoky adobo, creating a truly delicious and well-rounded dish. It's beginning to look a lot like tacos!
By Lauren of @brightmomentco
Chicken Tacos Ingredients:
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 lb chicken (about 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts)
· 1 teaspoon chili powder
· 1 teaspoon ground cumin
· 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
· 1 tablespoon Purecane™ Brown Sweetener
· 1 teaspoon salt
· ½ teaspoon black pepper
· 2 chipotle peppers in adobo (chopped)
· 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from the chipotle peppers)
· Juice of 2 limes
· Corn tortillas (warmed)
· Pico de gallo (homemade or store-bought)
· Pickled red onions
· Lime Wedges
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, mix the spices (chili powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika, Purecane™ Brown Sweetener, salt, and black pepper). Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the chopped chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, and lime juice. Set aside.
- Season the chicken breasts well with the homemade seasoning mix.
- Add olive oil to a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the seasoned chicken into the hot skillet to pan sear for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Transfer the skillet to roast in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until fully cooked with internal temperatures of 165°F.
- Let the chicken cool for at least 5 minutes before shredding into thick pieces with a fork. Toss with the adobo sauce mixture, then place back in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with the warmed tortillas, guacamole, pico de gallo, and lime wedges. Other toppings to include are jalapenos and pickled red onions.
- Enjoy warm!