Gluten Free Sweet Potato Pancakes
Fluffy and delicious sweet potato pancakes for the win! A quick one-bowl recipe and just a handful of ingredients create a tasty family-approved breakfast for lazy Sundays.
By Jill of @peanutbutterandjillybeans
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 cup sweet potato puree
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or oat milk (can use milk of choice)
- 1 tablespoon Purecane™ Brown Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup quick oats
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Add the sweet potato puree, milk of choice, Purecane™ Brown Sweetener, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and vanilla to a bowl and mix. Add the oats and mix. Then add the oat flour and mix until a batter is formed.
- Bring a skillet with non-stick spray or vegan butter to medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, scoop in about 3 to 4 tablespoons of batter per pancake. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles form on the tops of the sweet potato pancakes. Flip the pancake, the pancake should be golden around the edges.
- Cook the pancakes until they are golden brown on each side and then remove from the skillet. Repeat these steps, adding more butter or oil into the skillet as needed, until all of the pancake batter is used.
- Serve the sweet potato pancakes topped with maple syrup or fresh fruit!