French Silk Chocolate Pie (Keto)
Wrap up the holidays in a decadent keto-friendly chocolate mousse pie. This French-inspired dessert is light, airy, and indulgent all in one. Create an elevated version of dessert pudding with this creamy chocolate shareable treat. Take your next event to the next level, and do it sans all the unnecessary sugar!
By Lauren of @brightmomentco
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 12 mins
Total Time: 4 hrs 17 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg
For the Filling Ingredients:
- 4 large eggs
- ⅓ cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- 8 ounces bittersweet or milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 ⅓ cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 shot of espresso, or about 2 tablespoons strong coffee
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate shavings, for garnishing
For The Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9” pie pan with butter.
- Pulse all ingredients together in a food processor until crumb-like texture.
- Press the crust mixture into the prepared pie pan.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until set in the center. Let cool completely before adding the filling.
For The Filling:
- In a small saucepan, whisk the Purecane™ Baking Sweetener and eggs together.
- Set the saucepan over medium-low heat and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes, until the egg reaches 160°F and coats the back of a metal spoon. Make sure you are whisking the entire time to keep the eggs from cooking!
- Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate until fully melted.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Gradually add in the chocolate mixture to beat on HIGH for 4-5 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Using a spatula, fold the chocolate-butter mixture into the whipped cream. The goal is to have a light and fluffy chocolate mixture.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the pie pan, on top of the crust, smoothing it out evenly.
- Chill for at least 4 hours. The pie can be made 2 days ahead of time.
- When ready to serve, whip the heavy cream, Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener, and vanilla to soft peaks in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium-high speed. Add to the chilled chocolate pie.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings. Enjoy!