- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Purecane™ Brown Sweetener
- 2 tablespoons Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 16 oz semisweet chocolate
- 14 oz creamy cookie butter spread (can use any creamy nut butter)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease and line an 8x8" baking pan with parchment paper (cut so that you have wings on the side for easy pull-out).
Make Your Dough:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, Purecane™ Brown Sweetener , Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener, baking powder, and baking soda until well-combined.
- Once dry ingredients are combined, mix in the egg, yolk, vanilla extract, and olive oil.
- Transfer your batter to the prepared pan and press down to even out the mixture in the pan.
- Place your pan in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
Prepare the Candy Layers:
- Melt the cookie butter (or nut butter) in a saucepan over medium heat until smooth (about 2-3 minutes). Pour into the pan, then set in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Begin to temper the chocolate, melt ⅔ of the chocolate in a double boiler to temp 115°F. Remove and stir in the remaining chocolate. Let it cool to 84°F (about 15 minutes), then reheat and stir until it reaches 89°F (about 5 minutes).
- Pour the tempered chocolate into the pan, then let it cool in the fridge for at least 10 minutes before slicing. Best kept in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to one week.
Did you like this sweet treat recipe? Check out some of our other sugar-free dessert recipes using all-natural, zero-calorie Purecane™!
A SPOOK-tacular treat that will excite everyone at your next Halloween event: Spooky Halloween Monster Cookies
Sugar-free melt in your mouth pull-apart bread, that will spice up any day: Sugar-Free Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread
The guilt-free, delectable brownies you just can’t say no to!: Sugar-Free Brownies