Raspberry Hibiscus Bubble Tea
Refreshing and fruity bubble tea, sweetened to your heart’s content with your favorite Purecane™ products!
By Ellen Kiser @ellenmckenna
- ¾ cup of Dry Black Tapioca Pearls
- *Depending on brand purchased instructions will vary slightly - follow the steps on packaging
- 7 ½ cups of water
- 1 ½ tablespoon of Purecane™ Canister (or 5 Purecane™ Packets)
- *Craving something more decadent? Sub out the classic sweetener for 2 tablespoons of the new Purecane™ Brown Sweetener
- 1 raspberry hibiscus tea bag
- *If difficult to find, can improvise with just hibiscus tea (or tea of choice) & muddled raspberries
- 6 to 12 oz water
- *Depending on how strong you want your tea
- Splash of milk of choice
- Like it extra sweet? Add an extra teaspoon of the canister or a packet or two :)
- Boil the 7 ½ cups of water, then slowly add tapioca into the pot, stirring lightly. Note: If you like a lot of boba the ratio is just 1 part dried pearls to 10 parts water so add as much as you like, just make sure your pot is big enough for all the water!
- Cover pot after tapioca has floated to the surface, cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Keep covered, but turn off heat & simmer another 2-3 minutes. Note: Cook time dependent to personal preference on softness
- Scoop out cooked tapioca & rest in a small bowl of cold water for 15 to 30 seconds to cool.
- Drain out cold water or transfer pearls to a dry bowl & stir in Purecane™ sweetener of choice.
- Warm up the water for your tea and start muddling raspberries if desired for extra garnish. Note: Can have this drink hot or cold, just make sure you have ice on hand to speed up the cooling process.
- Once cooled (or heated) to your liking scoop in as much boba as you like on top of the muddled berries & pour over tea. Top off with additional sweetener & splash of milk if desired.
- Enjoy! Note: Boba is only good for a short window after cooking (about 4 hours) so drink up quick!