- 12 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened peppermint tea or water
- ⅔ cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ cups Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- 12 ounces unsalted butter (3 sticks, room temperature)
- 8 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tablespoons Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 9- by 13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Gently melt the chocolate with the tea (or water) in a double boiler (or medium mixing bowl placed over a pan of hot water) until smooth.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt until evenly combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the Purecane™ Baking Sweetener and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla, blend on high speed until smooth.
- Blend or vigorously stir the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until fully combined. Add the cocoa powder mixture and blend or vigorously stir until well combined.
- Evenly spread the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake until springy to the touch about 1 inch from the edges, about 32 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a rack. When completely cool, cut into square shaped brownies.
- Optional: dust with the Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener using a fine mesh strainer, and serve. Enjoy!
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a moister baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.