- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup melted butter (can sub vegan butter)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
Icing Drizzle Ingredients:
- ¼ cup Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener
- 1-2 tsp almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a baking pan with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients: egg, lemon juice, melted butter, vanilla and almond milk. Whisk until well combined.
- Once combined, add in Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener, flour, baking powder and salt and mix with a rubber spatula until a soft dough starts to form. Fold in the chopped strawberries and mix until well incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop two spoonfuls and place directly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 22 minutes. While the cookies bake, make your icing. Combine the almond milk and Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener until you’ve reached the desired consistency (the more almond milk you add, the more liquidy the icing). Drizzle on top of cookies and enjoy!
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a moister baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.