CARROT CAKE MUFFINS WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Vegan muffins with Keto cream cheese frosting? Yes, please!
By Cori Finglass of @matcha_and_margs
- 1 ½ cups grated carrots
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted and cooled coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup Purecane™ Brown Sweetener
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ -½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
Keto Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- ½ cup vegan cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup vegan butter, room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener
- a dash of sea salt
- 2 tbsp oat milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine all of the wet muffin ingredients (carrots, eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla) in a larger bowl and mix well. Combine all of your dry muffin ingredients, except the pecans, in another bowl and mix well. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until everything is combined.
- Fold in 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Add the mix to a muffin sheet with greased muffin liners (will make around 12 full liners). Bake on 350F for around 26-31 minutes. Check to see if they are ready by sticking a toothpick into the muffins and ensuring that they come out clean
- Let cool for around 10-15 minutes before adding the frosting.
- While the muffins are cooling, make your frosting. Mix together the room temperature cream cheese and the vegan butter with a hand mixer.
- Mix in the vanilla, cinnamon, sugar, salt and oat milk until combined. Add to a piping bag and then pipe directly onto the cooled muffins!
- Top with additional cinnamon, crushed nuts, etc. and enjoy!