Gluten-Free Coconut Cupcakes
These coconut cupcakes are gluten free, vegan, and sugar free by using Purecane. You'd never guess it because of how moist, soft, and delicious they are. They're lightly flavored with coconut milk and super easy to make. I bet you already have everything on hand and everyone will love them!
By Jill of @peanutbutterandjillybeans
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
Servings: 12 servings
Coconut Cupcake Ingredients:
- 13.5 oz can of coconut milk
- ¾ cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Brown Sweetener
- 2 tablespoons melted vegan butter or coconut oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups oat flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- Optional: ½ cup shredded coconut
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cup Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener
- 4 oz regular or vegan cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons soften vegan butter
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line 12 muffin wells with paper cupcake liners and spray them with a little nonstick baking spray.
- Mix the canned coconut milk, melted vegan butter, Purecane™ zero-calorie Brown Sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, and salt together. Then, add the oat flour and oats and mix until smooth. Option to fold in the shredded coconut.
- Pour the vegan gluten free coconut cupcake batter into 12 lined muffin wells. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cupcakes are completely risen.
- While the coconut milk cupcakes are baking, use an electric hand mixer to make the vegan cream cheese frosting by mixing the Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener, vegan cream cheese, and softened vegan butter together. Set aside.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool before frosting. Sprinkle the tops with more coconut and enjoy!